Headquartered in Houston, Hercules Offshore, Inc. operates a fleet of 40 jackup rigs, including two Keppel FELS Super A high-specification, harsh-environment jackup rigs, and 24 liftboats. The Company offers a range of services to oil and gas producers to meet their needs during drilling, well service, platform inspection, maintenance, and decommissioning operations in several key shallow water provinces around the world.
Job Title: Chief Engineer – 00001779
Supervises and coordinates activities of crew engaged in operating and maintaining propulsion engines, other engines, deck machinery, electrical, refrigeration and sanitary equipment aboard ship; Inspects engines and other equipment and orders crew to repair or replace defective parts; Starts the engine to propel ship; Stands engine-room watch during specified periods; Observes and confirms that required engine fluid levels are maintained; Repairs machinery, using hand-tools and power tools; Maintains engine logs; Holds appropriate U.S. Coast Guard license, depending upon tonnage of ship; Possesses a current valid driver’s license.
- Promotions/Upgrades are based on the “Need” and availability
- Mariner must possess a valid USGC license.
- Must have at least the MMC for DDE/Chief Engineer Near Coastal of at least 4,000 HP with STCW 95 endorsement
- Strong electrical and mechanical backround
- Strong leadership abilities
- Good skill base
- Job knowledge
- Strong work performance
- Must be able to maintain a log of designated sea time for different classes of license
- Must possess an Assessment Book filled out and signed off by licensed personnel
- Complete and submit application and all required paperwork to U.S. Coast Guard
- Complete any additional schooling & training required for position that you are applying for
- Successful completion of the U.S. Coast Guard Test
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, s*x, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Hercules Offshore is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability