Some early unofficial results have favoured the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), David Mark against his main rival, David Onjeh, of the All Progressives Congress (APC), at the ongoing Benue South Senatorial district re-run election.
According to a report in Vanguard, the immediate past Senate President, David Mark, has won his polling unit at the ongoing Benue South Senatorial District Re-run.
He polled 150 votes against 37 votes of Daniel Onjeh of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the VIP 1, Otukpo Club, Township ward. In the nearby polling unit, VIP II, Mark also won by 97 to 19 votes.
Below are other unofficial results from the election:-
1. Okpamaju PU, Okete Ward, Otukpo LGA : PDP 88 , APC 52
2. ADO LG Igumale Ward 1 Ai-Ameh PU : PDP 64 , APC 26
3. Agatu LG, Obagaji Ward Obagaji Pry Sch 1 : PDP 377 , APC 7
4. Ohimini LGA, Agadagba Ward, PU Open Space Akpenwo : PDP 88, APC 61
5. Otukpo LGA , Adoka-Haje, PU Aune Play Ground 1 : PDP 135, APC
6. Akpari PU, Okpoga-North Ward, Okpokwu LGA : APC=105 , PDP=77
7. Otukpo Club GRA PU : PDP 150 , APC 37
While speaking minutes after casting his vote at Otukpo Town East, David Mark said that he is confident his constituents will vote him back to the Senate for the fifth time.
He said: “Our people have resolved to return me back. They have decided that no external forces can come in between us in Zone C (Benue South).
We call on our supporters to maintain law and order while the election lasts.”The former Senate president was accompanied to his polling unit his friend, Senator Tunde Ogbeha, younger brother, Igoche Mark and supporters.