Kaduna is the state capital of Kaduna State, north-western Nigeria, on the Kaduna River, a trade center and a major transportation hub for the surrounding agricultural areas with its rail and road junction. The population of Kaduna was at 760,084 as of the 2006 Nigerian census, and this is believed to have grown to over 1.8 million as of 2013. The symbol of Kaduna is the crocodile, called kada in the native Hausa language. It is based on this that INFORMATION NIGERIA has together 5 prominent people that were born there.
1. Fiona Elizabeth Fullerton (born 10 October 1956) is a Nigerian-born British actress and singer. She is perhaps best known for her role as KGB spy Pola Ivanova in the 1985 James Bond film, ‘A View to a Kill’ and as Alice in the 1972 film Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. Fullerton made her film debut in 1969 with a role in Run Wild, Run Free.
2. Rashidi Yekini (23 October 1963 – 4 May 2012) was a Nigerian footballer who played as a striker. His professional career, which spanned more than two decades, was mainly associated with Vitória de Setúbal in Portugal, but he also played in six other countries. Yekini scored nearly 40 goals as a Nigerian international, and represented the nation in five major tournaments
3. Isaiah Chawai Balat (born October 23, 1952) is a Nigerian politician and business man from Kaduna State who was Senator for Kaduna South from May 2003 to May 2007. Isaiah Chawai Balat was born in Gora, a village in Zangon Kataf local government Area of Kaduna State, Nigeria. Losing his mother as an infant, he had to live with his grandmother until he was mature enough to fend for himself.
4. Haruna Babangida (born 1 October 1982 in Kaduna) is a Nigerian footballer who currently plays for Kapfenberger SV in Austria. Babangida is a hard working, quick right winger who can also play on the left side. He is the younger brother of Tijani Babangida and Ibrahim Babangida. Babangida is the eighth of ten brothers. Haruna Babangida started his youth career at Shooting Stars FC.
5. Efetobore Ambrose Emuobo (born 18 October 1988 in Kaduna) is a football player who currently plays for F.C. Ashdod. He played International often as defensive midfielder, in the Nigeria Premier League as Central defender or Right defender. He was on loan by Bayelsa United F.C. for the 2008/09 season but remained with Kaduna United F.C. after helping them win promotion.